Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network (GLSEN)
Organization that supports safe and inclusive schools for LGBTQ students. Local chapters offer trainings, community outreach, and more.
It Gets Better Project
Videos of LGBTQ people and allies sharing their personal stories.
Information on sexual health for teens and young adults.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention National STD and AIDS Hotline
Hours: 7 days a week, 24 hours a day
Linea Nacional del SIDA y ETS
Hours: 7 days a week, 8 am–2 pm EST
Hours: 7 am–1 am PST / 9 am–3 am CST / 10 am–4 am EST.
Peer support hotline run by and for trans people.
Support groups are an amazing way towards healing. Not only do you find community and support, you just may find that there are people out there who are going through what you’re going through. It’s so interesting how just 1 person (or group) can make us feel included and like we aren’t alone.
Below are lists of support groups. You can also do a query search for different groups on meetup.com.
- Adult Children of Alcoholics Support Group
- Al-anon Meetings
- Alcohol Screening & Testing
- Alzheimers Association
- American Association of Retired Persons Grief and Loss Information
- American Association of Suicidology
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America peer-to-peer support group
- Attention Deficit Disorder Association
- Autism Society of America
- The Balanced Mind Foundation
- Brain Injury Association of America
- Caregiver Action Network
- Children and Adults with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Co-Dependents Anonymous
- The Compassionate Friends Grief Support:
- Crisis Text Line
- Debtors Anonymous
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance
- Dual Diagnosis of Oregon, Inc.
- Dual Recovery Anonymous
- Emotions Anonymous
- Federation of Families for Children’s Mental Health
- Freedom from Fear
- Gamblers Anonymous
- Gift from Within: Article for partners
- Hospice Foundation of America
- International Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Foundation
- International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation
- Male Survivor
- Narcotics Anonymous
- The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- National Eating Disorders Association
- Autism and Asperger Syndrome support group
- Overeaters Anonymous
- Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG)
- Postpartum Support International
- PTSD Veteran Support Group
- S-Anon International Family Groups
- Self Mutilators Anonymous
- Sex Addicts Anonymous
- Sidran Institute (trauma & mental health services)
- Survivors of Incest Anonymous
- The Arc (Support and information for people with mental retardation and related developmental disabilities and their families)
- Tourette Syndrome Association, Inc.
- TARA Association for Personality Disorder
- The TLC Foundation for Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors
- Well Spouse Association
- Witness Justice
Mental Health America